Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 05:43 AM
Macybaby

Jodie,

the quilt shop in Mitchell is on the small side, but they do have a decent variety and the staff is very pleasant. Mitchell also has a discount fabric store a lot like Mill Ends, but they are going out of business. They are at 50% off quilting cotton right now, but the selection is getting down. I've bought about $1,500 since they announced closing, and if they get to 75% off I'm gong to go load up on backing fabric.

The place in Tea is a real Hole in the Wall. Called Quilters' Exchange, and it's on the west side of I 29, north side of the road right before the Antique shop, it's the same parking lot. We found them by accident because we were checking out the Antiques and noticed the little sign in the window. Barb, the owner, does mostly Long Arm work, and she's there quite a bit. She sells fabric for around $4 a yard, and buys it by the pound from quilters that have no use for it anymore. So it's a great place if you are looking for smaller yardages for sampler quilts and such. Not good if you want several yards of a fabric.