Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Here

Red face New Here

Hello. I’m Jodie, a mom, wife and night nurse. I’m also a craftoholic!! Anxious to get connected with people here!

Welcome Jodie: I am not too old here myself but have found it to be a very positive and helpful place. I started quilting about 2 years ago but have only finished 1 throw and 1 pillow. I have several others that I have worked for a time until I ran out of fabric or had a problem or got bored but I consider them all to be Works In Progress not Unfinished Objects (UFO's) As with every other trade or craft there is a separate language involved. Are you quilting?

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Hi and welcome from North Carolina. We're a friendly group, ready to answer all questions! Happy quilting!

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Thanks everyone. I just finished a T-shirt quilt for a co-worker’s daughter who was graduating from high school. I think it will be a while before I do another of those!! I have always wanted a wall full of mini quilts. We moved into our new house in December. I have 2 minis completed and space for about 20 more!! Gonna start weeding through my scraps next week!!

Welcome, Jodie, from another nurse!

Welcome from Arizona.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

Hello and welcome to the board
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Welcome from Michigan!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Vermont

Blog Entries
    Hi Jodie and welcome from NE Ohio.

Welcome from Texas. This is a good board for encouragement & information. Ask as many questions as you can think of. I'm always learning from questions other quilters ask.

Welcome from South Louisiana! Happy Quilting!
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Welcome from Tennessee. Minis are such a good way to get instant gratification. They are quick to make and finish. Unlike a large quilt that will live in limbo. I have several of those. Maybe I need to follow you and work on more minis

I don’t want to admit how many quilt tops I have sitting here..waiting to be finished! Lol. I say I’m making the minis only because I want a wall full, but I really think I need about a year of instant gratification before I’m ready to tackle the big ones!!

Hi Jodie, what part of the SD do you live? I'm near Mitchell.

Welcome to the board, there is a lot of fun stuff to follow along with on here, and lots and lots of ideas too.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Hi Cathy! I’m in Sioux Falls! We are “neighbors “!

Yea! someone on this board that lives within 100 miles of me! Do you ever get to that second hand fabric shop in Tea? I love stopping in there.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad to have you here.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

There is a second hand fabric shop in Tea????? Why was I not aware? I've only been ordering online since Millend closed. Is that quilt shop in Mitchell worth visiting?

Welcome from Oregon.

Jodie,

the quilt shop in Mitchell is on the small side, but they do have a decent variety and the staff is very pleasant. Mitchell also has a discount fabric store a lot like Mill Ends, but they are going out of business. They are at 50% off quilting cotton right now, but the selection is getting down. I've bought about $1,500 since they announced closing, and if they get to 75% off I'm gong to go load up on backing fabric.

The place in Tea is a real Hole in the Wall. Called Quilters' Exchange, and it's on the west side of I 29, north side of the road right before the Antique shop, it's the same parking lot. We found them by accident because we were checking out the Antiques and noticed the little sign in the window. Barb, the owner, does mostly Long Arm work, and she's there quite a bit. She sells fabric for around $4 a yard, and buys it by the pound from quilters that have no use for it anymore. So it's a great place if you are looking for smaller yardages for sampler quilts and such. Not good if you want several yards of a fabric.

Cathy, I’ve seen that shop dozens of times when we’ve been to the antique store. I didn’t think it was ever open! I may need to check out the sale in Mitchell. Thanks!

if there is a car/truck parked next to the building, Barb is most likely there. She's super friendly and loves having people come to visit, even if they are not buying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast