View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 07:10 AM
mhollifiel

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I made a quilt for my niece for her wedding and she seemed appreciative but I got the feeling that it just wasn't her decor to have quilts around. She is a more modern gal. I have made a couple of baby quilts for nieces and nephews but no thank you's or any acknowledgement so I just decided not to make quilts for anyone except immediate family and only if they ask for one. I will be watching this post to see what everyone else says. Lately I have just been giving a check and let them buy what they would like.
I must be getting old. That no thank you's or acknowledgment just burns my biscuits! I also prefer not to give cash. Yep, I apparently arrived on the Ark. So, for years I have mostly given postage stamps as a wedding gift. Most wedding invitations are still mailed so that need is immediate. This gift is useful, matches everything, never has to be dusted or cleaned, isn't cash, doesn't have to be displayed whenever I may show up, and is always well received. It also is easy to wrap or ship!