View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 04:51 PM
quiltingshorttimer

We visited the National Quilt Museum today--DH was ho-hum at first but we were both just blown away by the Japanese quilters exhibit! Soooo many little pieces appliqued on, some about the size of pencil lead! Wow--how do those Japanese quilters have such patience--not to mention hand/eye coordination! It was a great time--we are staying in the 1857 Hotel right in the arts area so able to walk to dinner, bars, quilt museum and tomorrow some shopping at Hancocks of Paducah. My DH is considering taking up me on offer to drop him at MickyDee's close by to the Hancock's for coffee and a chance to read and write while I shop--sure hope so! Then tomorrow afternoon on to Bardstown and the start of the bourbon tour,Lexington, Louisville (and hopefully tours at both Keeneland & Churchill Downs racetracks, Louisville Slugger factory and just a great time for us!)

P.S. forgot to mention the "over the moon" exhibit at the National Quilt Museum--lots of small quilts, about half with pictures and motifs honoring the NASA astronauts and space program and the other half themes with full moons--found 3 that I just loved! Wish you could take pictures!

Last edited by quiltingshorttimer; 06-28-2018 at 04:53 PM.