Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WooHoo--first trip to Paducah!! >

WooHoo--first trip to Paducah!!

WooHoo--first trip to Paducah!!

Old 07-02-2018, 03:23 AM

Great place to visit-over and over again.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:46 PM

Got home this evening. We had a great trip, despite my DH leaving his laptop in the hotel in Paducah, which meant a trip back to pick up. Nice thing about not having lots of set-in-stone plans is we were flexible.
Hancock's of Paducah--DH decided to drink coffee and read at the nearby McDonalds so I have plenty of time to dash around and fondle all the fabric. Found lots of batiks on sale! Also some Asian prints for a planned quilt. and some upholstery fabrics on the flat piece sale table that I plan to use for quilt bags. Plus some other "must haves". I could have spent twice what I did with no problems--well, make that many times more cause I wanted all the Kaffe Fassett fabrics! I didn't even look at patterns and just zipped through the back room with precuts and kits. Didn't get anything there--I just never can really figure out how to use them. And while I like several of the kits, I generally don't want a quilt with the same colors, etc that others may have too.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:57 AM

At Hancock's, I just love the Kaffe Fassett fabrics on rolls, on the wall next to the back room. I don't know why this appeals to me so much; maybe the lack of a center fold gives an illusion of wider width. Makes me want to cover a room with it. Wrap my self in it. Upholster my car in it.....