View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Sunbonnet Suz

Default A newbie... sort of

Hello. My name is Sue and I live in Frederick,CO
I was looking for a chat room but stumbled on this instead. I used to belong to a chat room group back in 1995 when I first started quilting. I found that I was doing more chatting than quilting so I quit the chatting. However, I miss the connections.
I was a prolific quilt piecer for many years until I had a failed cervical fusion in 2009, followed by a traumatic divorce. I've since moved out of Wyoming, back to Colorado and have been trying to find my passion again ever since. I'm hoping by reaching out and making connections with others, that I may find it. Any suggestions would be great.
I'm in pain now if I piece too long so I've learned to take breaks. But, it's the getting started that is hard for me now. I just kind of hide in watching TV. It doesn't help that I haven't formed any friendships here, I'm sure. I don't really remember how anymore. So, I've joined some groups in hopes of making those connections.
So I still have about 20 PHD's (projects half done - sounds better than WIP's lol) and more fabric then some stores. Not to mention patterns and books galore. Everything needed to succeed... But the drive.. Help! And thanks!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-03-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps