View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 05:34 PM
happylab

Connie what a lovely quilt from your sash. Looking at it you would never tell. Just lovely.

This month I only bought 2 pieces of fabric for boards on my Judy mystery #18 top. I have the fabric washed, just need to cut and sew to finish the top. I also bought a new sewing machine and sewing bag (the old bag is too small for the new sewing machine. Then I had to buy notions to go with the new machine, (needles, light bulbs, pins, etc.). So in the long run It would have been cheaper for me to buy fabric this month. I do plan to use the machine for guild sew days and 2 retreats I plan to go to later this year. I got tired of having to rearrange my sewing room after each retreat, which took me 1-2 weeks to get back to normal. On the good side, I made a 50 12.5" blocks for 2 swaps all from my stash and scraps. I also made 120 9-patches all from my stash and scraps. When I get the tops together I will post pics. I do need to buy blue fabric 4-5 yards to finish one of the tops. Later. I also signed up for a trip to Lincoln Nebraska to visit the Quilt Museum. So for sewing, it was very expensive.