Thread: Broken wrist
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 08:06 AM
AJRed

Default Broken wrist

I broke my left wrist in April. Thank heavens that I am right handed. I am currently bored out my of wits. I usually do a lot of sewing, quilting, and machine knitting, but I am not up to most of that. I have experimented with some paper piecing, and the sewing part is going well.

My biggest problem is cutting. I can't use my left hand to hold down a ruler. I tried a bit yesterday assembling a paper pieced block, and I am hurting pretty bad. I have been trimming those nice little interior pieces with scissors, but am having trouble squaring up the block.

I wonder if any of you have any ideas. I am really getting bored and frustrated. I am doing my PT, but I have a long way to go until I am better. I need some ideas for using pre-cuts that won't take more cutting, or some place to buy some pre-cut quilt kits.

While I have been laid up, I was on jury duty for 9 days. Suffice it to say that it was a case that no one wants to hear, but we found the molester guilty. I would really love to make some charity quilts for our center for abused kids, but I am at a loss.

I would appreciate any ideas that you may have.

Thanks!

AJRed