View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 06:29 AM
elnan

Originally Posted by Jschick72 View Post
Hey all. First time on the site. If anyone can point me in the direction of secure online auction sites that would be great. I'm looking for the portable versions of Sphinx, Lotus and Red Eye (Singers). Thanks!
To me, browsing at MacyBaby's Emporium would be worth a trip to S. Dakota. I have not had to search for Red Eyes, they seem to come to me. When I order online, I shop Goodwill online that has a pick-up place within driving distance of my home. So far, I have only made pick-ups in Tacoma, WA.
I would have dental work without anesthesia before buying anything that has to be shipped to me. My sister fell under the spell of buying and having sewing machines mailed to her. I don't think she will ever forget the machine she bought online where the seller proclaimed "Runs Great". As she asked me, "How can you say Runs Great when the motor is missing?" At least she saved some on shipping weight.
Are you looking for those particular models because they are pretty? I would take a 15-91 over any of those you mentioned.