View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 02:54 PM
barbarakibler23

Such a busy time of year!!! July birthdays are flying in!!!!

On Thursday I finished my job with the kids I nanny for almost 16 years ...bitter sweet. I am ready to move on and I know I will remain friends with the family. Just hard know I won't see the kids each week and hear their daily story. The kids wrote me each a letter that I read with tearful eyes about their memories and full of thanks for all I have done for them. My heart is so full right now!

I still will be doing my bookkeeping (only about 8 hours a week) but will have to look for a new job to support my quilting habit among other things.

Saturday I went to a Lavender Festival near my house. It was the first one that they held and it was wonderful. I bought a lavender plant and a few bundles of the sweet smelling plant. After I dry them I think I will put them in my new yellow guest room. Soft purple and yellow are so pretty together.

Today Sunday, I went to a local craft show and started on some Christmas shopping! Yep bought 4 presents! I like to try and get some handmade presents when ever possible to support the crafters. I figure that everyone else can support walmart, target, best buy,...etc.etc. (they get some of my money too)

Hope everyone is well and trying to stay cool. Here in Michigan it is 90 degrees again. I don't know how the southern states do it. Try and remind me in the winter not to complain about the cold! At least when it is cold you can put on more clothes ......I can not legally take anymore off then I already have!!!!!

Barb