View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 12:20 PM
osewme

Originally Posted by Liz92B View Post
the Floating Point North Star block by Jordan Fabrics is a Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsnBBKzSghY
Oh, I like that floating star block & will have to try that.
Today I made the Point Taken block that I asked help with enlarging. Since the original pattern said the block was a 6" I decided to just double all the dimensions & see what happened. Well.....it turned out to be a 14" unfinished block so I had some trimming off to do. Another strange thing was that it said that the block center should measure 3 1/2" square. So mine measured a bit over 7" so I trimmed it to 7". Because of that, I wound up with less than 1/4" seam allowance all around the blue section which accounts for the cut off points on the blue. So after all that drama for the day I did end up with a perfect 12 1/2" block with some not-so-perfect sections in construction. I did use some vintage television fabric that I had in my stash & managed to get them all going in the same direction. I have an email out to the designer to see if it's o.k. to enlarge the pattern & use it for my charity block. Pending her answer it will just hang on my design wall for me to study.
Attached Thumbnails point-taken-block.jpg