View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 07:37 AM
Feather3

Originally Posted by Sandynorm View Post
I have a Bernette Chicago 7 embroidery machine that I am learning to use. I have never done embroidery prior. I have gone to my dealer and had the instruction class that they offer, and have master the built in designs. I am trying to move on to other patterns. I purchased a pattern at my quilt shop that they assured me would work with my machine, and I purchased the recommended OESD memory stick to use. I have it formatted to the ART and can view the pattern on my laptop, but when I plug it into the USB on my machine, it does not recognize the stick. I am looking for suggestions, please help me...
I found instruction downloads for your machine at the bottom of the page: https://www.mybernette.com/en-US/Chi...Chicago-7.html

According to the instruction manual for the embroidery part of your machine (bottom of page 23/see Note) it says your machine reads ".exp" format only.

So once you have the design in your computer, save it as .exp to the USB stick. I didn't see how to do this, but in newer Bernina embroidery software...open Bernina software, open design, click save design as, a drop down box opens & you choose where & which format to save the design.

Place the USB stick in your machine. Scroll to the icon USB & chose it. Your designs should show up then. Choose the design & take it from there.