View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 06:33 AM
madamekelly

Fifteen years ago, I made a shower curtain using “quilting fabric” from Walmart. I used a panel and a coordinating fabric to make a window and framed it woth the other fabric. It was mostly grass green and navy, with touches of blue and mustard with kitties on it. I took an extra panel and made a window curtain. They hung in my master bath until last month when I decided they had outlived my like of them. When I took them down, the curtain was severely degraded by the sunshine on the backside, and the sun had done it’s job on it (the shower curtain fabric was too degraded to use for anything too). When I got it down and really looked, the sunshine was fading it rapidly, so my timing was perfect. I used them from the day they were made, and kept a clear liner under the fabric of the shower curtain, and got fifteen years of use out of them with no mold problem, so I got my money’s worth from them. It was sad to say goodbye, but time marches on. My new shower curtain is nylon in a space nebulae print. I love it (it had the right green to match the walls) and my new window curtain has a galaxy of stars on it. I would make another using better quality cotton again in a heartbeat. Fifteen years of enjoyment is a great return.

Last edited by madamekelly; 07-31-2018 at 06:37 AM.