View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 01:06 PM
SewingSenior

Don't pay the ransom I escaped. I guess you all thought I had forgotten about this thread but as always life and making a living got in the way of my "want to's" and it has taken a lot longer to get this room finished. But the job did entail a bit more than paint.

For the demo portion we removed all the carpet and did some prep work on the concrete slab, tore out all the baseboards and door facings. Then scraped all the texture off the walls and floated them out smooth. Next we scraped most of the texture off the ceiling. Then for the finish work we installed new LVP click and lock flooring, primed and painted the walls, ceiling and woodwork. Installed the new woodwork and gave it a final finish coat of paint. Phew I'm tired just thinking about it.

Then I bought a new bedding set, which came with comforter, shams and curtains. The comforter had poly-fill batting and I didn't like the super puffy look and besides it was only tacked in places and not fully quilted. So I took it all apart, discarded the poly-fill and re-quilted it using regular quilt batting with a FMQ leaf and loop design. I like it much better. I'm still not sure if I like the curtains instead of the cornice board I had before but I'll get it a little time, maybe it will grow on me.

Well there it is the 2 week job that lasted 2 months, but that's okay the I had cheap labor. The DH only charges me two and half a day...(that is two meals and half the bed) so I'm not complaining.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598937[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598939[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598940[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1318.jpg   img_1318-2.jpg   img_1319-2.jpg   img_1320-2.jpg