Thread: Got an odd call
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:12 PM
quiltingcandy

It is quite possible the person was trying to locate the person she asked for. When I was handling claims sometimes we would hire investigators to find our injured workers. They would pretend to be someone else that someone would give information to. Also, one time I had an insured have their brand new Toyota catch fire in their garage and almost burnt their house down. The dealer would not give them or us the Toyota contact in Los Angeles. It was most frustrating so I decided to pretend I was a very satisfied customer of the salesman and the dealership and I wanted to send a letter to the Toyota Corporation. They couldn't give me the name, address, phone number fast enough. Toyota was thrilled that I called them - they sent out a representative the next day and took care of everything for the owner.

And I did some internet checking - there is nothing to answering "Yes" or "No" for scammers. No company has voice recognition yet so unless they have your SSN or the credit card #, the "Yes" and "No" is not going to get anywhere.