View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Patricia Drew

I've had my TL2010Q for 4 years now. A bit like you, I'd been away from sewing for a long while. I did try quilting on my old Singer 411G, but it was a bit of a struggle.

The Juki has a 9 x 6 harp. The 6 in. height is a determining factor for me. Great visibility. Of course, we'd all like the biggest harp possible. However, prices seem to zoom right up there when harp size increases!

There are some machines out there with 11 and 12 in. to the right of the needle, but sometimes the harp is barely 5 in. So if you figure "square inches" of harp, you may as well stick with the Juki.

It's a great machine. I've done many, many quilts on it. Personally, I quilt projects up to about 76-80 inches wide on it. Anything bigger, I tend to do as "quilt as you go".

I've used all types of thread, cotton, polyester, anything from 12 wt Sulky to 100 wt Invisafil, as well as "invisible" thread. No problems.

I think Brother make a similar machine. PQ1500S, I think. Quilters like that machine too. But I'm a Juki gal ... I also have the HZL-DX7, which I use for piecing and decorative stitches.

Keep us posted.