View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 05:51 AM
Janice McC

TravellingGramma, I agree with Givio. Don’t worry about the seams. You’d get some of that anyway bc not all the candies are the same size despite best efforts and it’s super easy to distort such small pieces. A lot of my seams won’t meet perfectly but I’m ok with that. Some off seams won’t take away from the final product I believe.

Thanks, Givio. Yes, it’s 60 1/2” square, or it should be. Please note I said “should”. We’ll see when it’s done. I don’t know how I’m going to finish it. Right now the plan is to make it into four sections. I’m researching a way to quilt each quadrant separately and the join them with no additional fabric on the front I know there are ways to do it, I’ve just never tried. Might do borders too. Don’t know. Just trying to get to the completed four quads today.
Originally Posted by givio View Post
JaniceMc, I agree! Don't stall yourself with more blocks. It looks like it's about 60" anyway? Which is a good size. You can always add a large border to get it bigger.
travelinggramma, After the blocks get sewn together, it will be wonderful! I wouldn't fret about the different seams, but each quilter has their own breaking point for what they accept... :-) It's colorful, thanks for sharing it!