View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 10:01 AM
Iceblossom

The host of my Tuesday small group uses this batting for all her "children's corner" quilts and most of her personal projects and likes it quite a bit.

I've been unhappy with Joann for a long time now, unfortunately they are the only fabric store close to me (my other "close" options are Walmart and a Hobby Lobby that just opened), the quilt stores available to me are about a 30 minute drive each way. About a year ago I ordered a roll of batting (not this one) and the only option was home delivery. So I sat at home for 2 weeks (which is why I wanted it shipped to the store) and it never came. Another week and I found it had been "lost in transit" -- not that they contacted me. Had a terrible time with Customer Service, they tried to take a restocking fee out of my refund and I hit the roof. Recently (last week) I did use the 60% off coupon for a quilt back and it was the first/only thing I've gotten in the last year.

I looked into the batting at Walmart, even though they call it a fat batt by weight they didn't really take into consideration the width of it and it was quite thin. I'm glad I checked it out in person first.

My most recent roll I got online, it was a close-out and I don't remember the name, but I've been very happy with it (good thing since it was a 25 yard roll). It's very similar to the Toasty. Had no problems with the order which is what I really needed after the basically one month wait/battle with Joann.