Old 08-23-2018, 08:58 AM
SherylM

Default HA-1 missing stitch length regulator screw

Last week I found a beautiful 15 clone at the thrift store, but because we're going to be moving in the next couple of weeks I decided not to buy it. Well...can you guess how this story ends? I went back yesterday and it was still there, so it followed me home! (My husband said,"Just as long as it doesn't have four legs and a tail!" )

It's a beautiful black Mid-State clone in almost pristine condition. All the wiring's gone (cut off), but I'm thinking of converting it to a hand crank anyway. The paint and decals are shiny and scratch-free, and other than some cobwebs and a bit of dust, it looks like it was hardly used. Yesterday I didn't think it needed any parts other than a new bobbin winder tire, but upon closer inspection this morning, I noticed that the stitch length regulator screw is missing.

I looked on ebay and Sew Classic and all I could find were screws for a Singer 15-91, and I'm wondering if that would work, or if I need to track down one from another clone. I do have another clone that I *could* use, but these are some of my favorite machines and I really don't want to cannibalize it for parts...

Thanks for the help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599932[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180823_121723.jpg   20180823_121733.jpg