Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
HA-1 missing stitch length regulator screw >

HA-1 missing stitch length regulator screw

HA-1 missing stitch length regulator screw

Old 08-23-2018, 08:58 AM

Default HA-1 missing stitch length regulator screw

Last week I found a beautiful 15 clone at the thrift store, but because we're going to be moving in the next couple of weeks I decided not to buy it. Well...can you guess how this story ends? I went back yesterday and it was still there, so it followed me home! (My husband said,"Just as long as it doesn't have four legs and a tail!" )

It's a beautiful black Mid-State clone in almost pristine condition. All the wiring's gone (cut off), but I'm thinking of converting it to a hand crank anyway. The paint and decals are shiny and scratch-free, and other than some cobwebs and a bit of dust, it looks like it was hardly used. Yesterday I didn't think it needed any parts other than a new bobbin winder tire, but upon closer inspection this morning, I noticed that the stitch length regulator screw is missing.

I looked on ebay and Sew Classic and all I could find were screws for a Singer 15-91, and I'm wondering if that would work, or if I need to track down one from another clone. I do have another clone that I *could* use, but these are some of my favorite machines and I really don't want to cannibalize it for parts...

Thanks for the help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599932[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180823_121723.jpg   20180823_121733.jpg  
Old 08-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Banned

Nice machine. I'm pretty sure you can use any ole' thumb screw right there, test that theory with a screw from one of your other machines.

Cari
Old 08-23-2018, 09:56 AM

Yeah, I'll try that. I also just noticed it's missing the spool pin, but that's no big deal - I have extras.

I'll be so glad when we're all moved in and I can start playing with my machines and fabric again!