Old 08-30-2018, 09:01 AM
elnan

I think it was Sharlene Jorgenson's first quilting book that she described how she and a friend stayed at their RV campsite and sewed while their husbands attended a seminar in efforts to re-invent their jobs or come up with an idea for a new business. Sharlene's husband came back with a new acrylic sheet of plastic like material that they soon began cutting templates from. That eventually grew into their home business and "Quilting From The Heartland" was born. Somewhere in all my saved junk is an article about a woman quilter who arranged her tools, supplies, etc in their small RV so she could work wherever she wanted. Fabric, batting, and large pieces were rolled up in the drapes and curtains. Cutting surfaces were stashed under the mattress.
So sorry you are suffering from the heat. Here in SW WA my husband is complaining that he is cold. We are situated under giant sequoias, not native, but planted by someone who thought they had all the answers and the trees would bring in cash as they matured.) that keep us cool, but also threaten our house, even having roots that break up our foundation wall and clog all drains with their debris. My sister and her adult daughter would pay for plane tickets to fly our mother out to Seattle every summer to escape the hot, humid heat of the AR/MS River Delta. This did prolong our Mother's life, as she later died in the hottest summer in The Delta a few years later.