View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Murphy224

Years ago when I first started quilting and knew nothing, was at a girls night out at the LQS trying to learn something, I asked if anyone had made a Cathedral Window quilt. One older very experienced quilter said she had and wasn't happy with it and threw it in the fireplace! I was aghast! All I could think of was how could you just burn up the fabric, the labor, how could you? Forward a couple of years and I thought I was confident enough to try my hand at a Cathedral Window quilt by hand! It was a mess, all wonky, every block joined just made it worse. I couldn't throw in the fireplace (didn't have one), but did just chunk it into the trash. It was a humbling experience and a very strong lesson. If it ain't working out, don't just struggle endlessly, just get rid of it and move on! There is always more fabric and more projects to be had.
As others have said, life is short, don't waste your treasure on things that don't give you joy.
Murphy
I am working on another CW quilt and it is looking very good. I call it my forever project and it may be done enough to drape over my casket someday. lol

Last edited by patricej; 09-01-2018 at 04:17 AM.