Old 09-03-2018, 05:18 AM
hobbykat1955

Yup upgrading is expensive. I'm a Husq person...have an SE going back to 2007 which is a combo emb/sewing w/all the bells and whistles. Back then I got it as "Open Box" sale reg price 7500 got for 4500. Now if I had to replace it would cost much less then you are talking only 13,000 if I caught a sale...reg 15,500.
Unfortunately for me once you have all those bell/whistles it's hard to live without. I quilt my quilts in the hoop, I do use all the decorative stitches. My machine can translate a photo to stitches so I took family photos from the1800's and did a History quilt for my husbands family of all the relatives going bk to Great Grandparents.
Of course in order to do this you scan photo's into computer program for SE and then tweak photos to rid shadows etc...then transfer via a cord or USB stick to SE. Now the newer machine that's replaces it has wireless WIFI....how could you not love that...no cords, usb's etc...I pray everyday my SE keeps on going because then the hard decision has to be made... of course I might find another brand cheaper but once you invest so much in hoops and parts for one brand your stuck!