Old 09-04-2018, 01:14 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
Yeah I’m thinking they r going to put themselves out of business. I don’t know any young people who quilt much less have that kind of money for a sewing machine
they are selling like hot cakes.
brother is offering dazzling bonus packages and some dealers are offering decent trade-in values for older models - particularly for dream machine2s.
for those who can afford it, and depending upon the dealer they talk to, it seems - to them - a deal too good to pass up.

lucky for me, i am not among those who can afford it.

i can explain, though, why i'd get one if i could afford it and if i didn't already have a dream machine2.
- i don't have space for a long-arm rig
- as expensive as the luminaire is, it's still less expensive than a good long-arm of decent size, on a great frame, with the computerized features and software, and with the newest software than can make a long-arm do virtually everything an embroidery machine can do.

i can't see the future so i don't know whether or not quilting is a close to extinction as we might think.
machine embroidery, though, seems to be growing in popularity among people of all ages.
i get the impression that it's easier to make money with embroidery than from quilts.
(don't quote me on that. i have no scientific data to back up that impression.)