View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 03:24 PM
cathyvv

Default Oh, no! what have I done?

Today I went out to my Q'nique 21 quilter to re-quilt a row of a quilt that was taken out because of thread tension problem on the back.

The q'nique arrived in late May, just as 'grands' came for visits - and - we sold a two family house we were renting out, so 'grands' and clean out of the house meant that it sat quietly in it's boxes for about 6 weeks. By the way, the 'grands' are now old enough that they were extremely helpful with the clean out. They were rewarded for their efforts, too!

DH and wonderful 16 year old grand-nephew set it up for me when all the other stuff was done. I was so thankful for them doing this for me. It was not easy, but they are both handy and welcomed the challenge. At least my grand-nephew did. DH, not so much.

It worked very well, except for the usual operator error. Today, the 'operator' made a doozy of a mistake. I put the bobbin case in the machine and it will Not come out. If I was a cursing woman, a string of profanity might have escaped me when I realized what I had done, but I'm not, so no profanity. Yet.

DH is away, so cannot bail me out of my mechanical difficulty. So tomorrow I will call Grace company and ask if there is any way that little old me can fix the problem. I hope they won't ask me to ship it back to be fixed, because it is too heavy for me to get off the frame by myself.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-05-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps