Old 09-06-2018, 04:23 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
They are more readily available on line now. They look really nice. And yes, a bit pricey too. I think they were originally made in Spain. I haven't found any information on its current manufacturing location. Is there a manufacturer's location stamp on your scissors?
Yes, Appliquick is in Spain (Barcelona). But I don't know if the scissors are actually manufactured in Spain. I chatted with her quite a bit at the AQS show (fun gal!) She explained to me how difficult it was to find a manufacturer willing to make things to her very demanding specifications. She said she was constantly arguing with engineers about her design specs, they were constantly trying to talk her into something that would be easier to manufacture so she could charge less and she would have none of it. Quality and functionality were her number one priorities. I suspect she is still with the same manufacturer but I don't recall if she mentioned where it was. I seem to have a vague recollection of Switzerland or Germany maybe?? I will check the packaging when I get home to see if it mentions where they are actually made.

And you are right they are much easier to find now. I found them on Amazon.