View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 12:46 PM
rryder

For the Pq1500s I use and like the quarter inch foot (no guide) that came with it. This machine is straight stitch only and the needle cannot be moved left or right, but the combination of really good needleplate markings and the quarter inch foot means I can easily get a very consistent scant quarter inch seam. I do Not like using the knee lifter on this machine because I’ve never gotten good at controlling my speed with my left foot so I use my right foot on the pedal which makes it awkward to use the knee lifter.

For the PC420PRW I use my regular zigzag presser foot (the j foot) and move the needle over to the right so that I can use the edge of my presser foot to get a consistent seam allowance. I adjust it however far it needs to be to get the correct seam allowance for my project. Early on I purchased both kinds of 1/4 inch feet for it, but found that using the j foot and moving the needle to the right gave me a much more consistent seam. This machine has a speed controller so I sometimes will use the knee lifter. It comes in handy for times when I don’t want to take my hands off the work, but I have to admit that I often forget it’s there and reach for the hand lever.

My other machines don’t have knee lifters or 1/4 inch feet.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 09-10-2018 at 12:54 PM.