Thread: Jelly Roll Rugs
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 02:35 AM
Murphy224

My jelly roll rug in beside my bed on carpet. Looks really nice and since I made it, I smile every time I see it. I totally agree about washing, no raw edges, sewn very secure, I would not hesitate to toss in the wash. When I make another one to go in front of my sink, I will just stitch some of the shelf liner stuff that is kinda rubbery and should keep it from slipping.
And for QuiltE, using wider strips will result in a wider longer rug. I used 42 2.5 strips that I cut myself from my stash and the batting rolls and my finished rug ended up 30 inches wide and 42 inches long. I think the problems of using wider strips would result when sewing together. Wider strips will result in a wider and longer rug. If you don't keep it as flat as possible while stitching it will "bowl" up on you and is hard to get flat again. You would need a large flat space around your machine to keep it from curling/bowling up. Doable but something to think about and plan for.
I posted a picture of mine on August 26 in the Picture forum. Along with a picture of the fabric I used to cut the strips.