Thread: Jelly Roll Rugs
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 01:17 AM
Murphy224

"Thanks for your thoughts Murphy224 ... size isn't a concern for me as I can figure out that as I go along. I hear you about the cupping issue, which can be a bear no matter what size. Do you think it would wear the same? and be as nice, visually?"

QuiltE: I think it would wear the same. With the folding of the strips you end up with 4 layers of fabric with batting between each layer. I don't think I would put one in a heavy traffic area like a front or back door, but would place one anywhere else. As for the size, you would just end up with wider "cording" to sew together and more of your fabric would show. Have you looked at any of the you tube videos to see what I am talking about? Those might give you an idea of what wider strips could look like. If you have stash, it would be an excellent way to use some up, especially those pieces that may you say......."good grief , what was I thinking and what can I do with this now" fabric. I have some more of that kind in my stash so I am plotting my next rug.
I say go for it......
Murphy