View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Iceblossom

Another hello from Washington, I'm on the wet side of the mountains

I was a busy internet quilter around '95-Y2k and then started online gaming (dungeons and dragons and stuff like that, not like poker). Recently I stopped the gaming and found my old sites were all pretty much gone but I found this one and am getting my quilting mojo back looking at the lovely projects people are working on. Drool, true quilt envy every day!

I have a number of physical issues plus vision loss to deal with, but playing with my fabrics is so pleasant and soothing that sometimes I have to set a timer to remind me to stop or yes, I too pay the price. In my house we call it being "crunkled" when you can't stand up or move well due to your own decisions. Mostly what I do is play music or the TV and get up and change tasks/positions at least every half hour whenever the show/music ends.

If you can find a guild or small group to join that can be very helpful. The downside to that as I found that while I was a very happy solo quilter for decades after joining a guild and sewing with others it was hard to going solo again. But here we are at least a virtual group with opinions and hints and sharing of fabric and/or stories. Recently a lady I used to be in a small group with 10-15 years ago invited me to join her current group, it's very small -- 5 when we are all there and usually 3-4, but it's every Tuesday, 10-noon and so it gives me motivation/deadline to have something to take with me to work on that week. My hope is to get some of my completed tops quilted down and bring them to group for the hand sewing of the bindings, I'm not a good or fast hand sewing and it takes me forever, but forever doesn't seem so long when you are chatting with others.