View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Massey850

But I will restore it (I like fixing things. I'm also a mechanic). I know lots about metal fabrication. If I can find a picture of the part, I will try and make it. There aren't too many missing parts. The biggest thing that is missing is the table which I don't really need. I'd rather make a small wood box for it to sit on and hook up an electric motor. For cleaning I'm going to try evaporust or metal rescue just to see if there is paint under the rust. I don't think there is much paint left unfortunately. I tried to do some research on the machine. The only dates I could find were 1913 and 1930 so I'm guessing it was built in that area.
Here's the story on this machine. It was my grandmothers. I don't know when she bought it but the dates are older than she was. She probably had it before she moved in with my grandfather. At the farm where they lived (I live there now), we got electricity in 1960 and the new house was built in 1963. Sometime in a year or a few that machine was probably thrown out and grandma bought an electric sewing machine. When I found the machine, it was in an old combine tire and one day she was out at farm and I took the sewing machine to her. She said the brand and I couldn't remember it (it was probably Brunswick). She also said that she hated it. Thats why it ended up in the bush.