View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 06:22 PM
Rose_P

I want to second what Patrice said about Embroidery Library. I've been very happy with their quilt designs, and there's quite a variety in several sizes. Also, unlike some sites, this one tells you whether or not it is single run and the number of stitches before you buy. I'm always surprised to find on other sites designs that would be beautiful, but who wants to change bobbins in nearly every 8-inch square? Have the digitizers ever quilted anything bigger than a mug rug? I will say that those bean stitch designs are great for something like a bag, where you'll only use one or a few and the extra stiffness is a plus rather than a minus.

Another good source of quilting designs is Kreative Kiwi. I recently bought a set of interesting abstract designs that come in several sizes and both single and bean stitch. I have her Quilt Swirls 2 and have used a number of those designs, which are double run and include several sizes. That site generally sells only sets rather than individual designs, but they're very reasonably priced.

A magnetic frame is going on my Christmas list this year! The only thing that puzzles me about them is the use of such strong magnets near circuit boards. I assume they've been around long enough than if they were problematic we'd know by now.