View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 06:26 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I definitely prefer written instructions when it comes to quilting or sewing, maybe that is a result of learning to sew clothing from patterns. I like to be able to go over the instructions and refer to them mid seam if necessary. Until I have a unit or block down pat, I like to have the book open to that pattern so I can ensure I am putting the units together in the correct orientation. I also enjoy looking at quilt pattern books just before falling asleep in bed. Any how to quilting videos I have watched like MSQC or so many others, they simply don't move quick enough for me. I realize they assume they are always teaching a beginning quilter but for the most part I find video tutorials redundant and painfully slow moving. By the time they get to the guts of the issue, my brain has already tuned out.

But the first time I had to retime my Innova I was soooo thankful for the YouTube video they had out there. It made it a lot easier for me but I did review the video at least 3 times before proceeding. Same goes for other home type fixes or replacing parts on an appliance.