View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:54 AM
MicheleC

I love all the sewing rooms posted on this thread! They are absolutely lovely. I look forward to having my own room some day. For now, I have a corner that I carved out of our living room. I don't have a large fabric stash. I haven't been doing this for very long and I don't have the storage space in my home for a large stash anyway. As you can see in the photo, my "design wall" (read: flannel sheet) is folded up on my sewing desk. I bought the desk at a yard sale and my husband was kind enough to butcher it to set my machine in last year. It also has "wings" that fold up on either end. I think the total length of the desk ends up at 90" or so.

My sewing desk serves as my cutting table for smaller cutting projects. For larger cutting projects, I break out a folding table and a set of bed risers I picked up at the second hand store. Ironing is done on the homemade mat for small projects and the ironing board comes out of the laundry room for more ironing needs. I am actually thinking of making a cover for my folding table to allow me to iron on it. I originally had my desk facing the window but found the sunshine coming in on my work space to be too much at times. This way, I can also glance up at the television if I'm so inclined. I also have a couple sets of plastic drawers for storage under my desk. They hold my odds and ends, scraps and yarn.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-space.jpg