View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 08:25 AM
Iceblossom

We're a small family in the stage where everyone is getting older (usual topic of conversation is who is on what meds and for why), even the "kids" are 30ish with no grand/great-grand children yet so don't do a lot for Christmas.

I do have a top I made for one of my cousins that I'd like to get finished in time for this year but don't know if I will get it done or not... That's why I keep what I'm doing hush-hush, the only deadlines are my own (top's been done but not quilted for a couple of years now). Top is lovely and I'm happy with my workmanship, a Roman Stripe, my cousin loves purple. The background is a dark dark Kona "Midnight Purple" and each set of stripes has at least one purple solid. It's funny how colors react with each other, some of the light purples look grey and some of the grey look purple - heck even some of the browns somehow have a purplish/plum cast! I designed a nice triangular quilting design that will repeat on each of the solid background and the striped triangles, it is a little complex and so when I'm rusty with my LA skills (like I am right now) I have to do a "practice" piece first, and then somehow life comes up and I don't get to the Roman Stripe for long enough that I have to do another practice and so forth...

I made a Garden Maze quilt for my mom a couple of years ago when she turned 80. I have material to make pillow cases to coordinate with it but have so far missed 2 birthdays and Christmas opportunities. In my defense, she doesn't use it on her bed -- maybe she would if I made the pillow cases??, so those are on my mind as well.