View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Aurora

Since I am currently living in limbo, two times a month I pack all my quilting and head to the local extension office where we have quilt guild from 9:00 to 4:00 once as month and have one (sometimes two) UFO days. In a couple of months I will be moving to my little homestead. I don't want to sound selfish but it is all mine. I built a 12 x 20 storage building to use as an office/craft workshop, complete with a small kitchen area for making soaps, candles, and herbal products. I am now planning to finish my office/workshop so I can live in it and take my time finishing my cabin. Limbo is not a good place to live!

However, now I have acquired this quilting adiction which comes complete with a "stash", several sewing machines, patterns, threads, and dreams of long arm machines. It is a good thing that plans for flexible, because now I have decided to attach an additional storage building 12 x 28, which will house a bathroom, walk-in closet and open area where I can set up my antique quilting frames until the long arm arrives. If I run out of room, I can always build another storage building. Wherever I finally sew/guilt, there will be windows on at least three walls, there is nothing like natural light and fresh air!

I have always had a sewing room, complete with TV. I had always planned to start sewing again, it just would not have required an acre of land.

P.S. I love this board, as a beginner, I am learning sooo much. Thanks!