View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 PM
coastienest

I am so excited to be here. I have been reading posts and looking at gorgeous photos for a long time and now feel I can be a part of all this. I have been quilting for a few years but still consider myself a rookie. My only finished pieces consist of 2 baby quilts for my grandchild, a runner or two, a girly quilt and then an Asian print (I love Asian prints) queen size quilt that my mom fell in love with so guess what??? She now has it. I have 3 grown children and they all have a different taste and they are each waiting for "their" quilt. Maybe someday I'll do somethiing I can keep. LOL
I find that I don't quilt as often as I'd like because I have this crazy thought that if something in my house needs to be done, I can't sit and quilt. Stupid I know, because we always have something to do. So once I get over that craziness, I'll be OK.
I consider myself an organizer and a go getter and after being a member of our local quild for a few years, I have now been elected its president. So starting March, I will be off and running with a great bunch of girls. If you have any great ideas for a successful quild, I am open to all of them. Looking forward to being a part of all you do.