Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Northeast PA

I am so excited to be here. I have been reading posts and looking at gorgeous photos for a long time and now feel I can be a part of all this. I have been quilting for a few years but still consider myself a rookie. My only finished pieces consist of 2 baby quilts for my grandchild, a runner or two, a girly quilt and then an Asian print (I love Asian prints) queen size quilt that my mom fell in love with so guess what??? She now has it. I have 3 grown children and they all have a different taste and they are each waiting for "their" quilt. Maybe someday I'll do somethiing I can keep. LOL
    I find that I don't quilt as often as I'd like because I have this crazy thought that if something in my house needs to be done, I can't sit and quilt. Stupid I know, because we always have something to do. So once I get over that craziness, I'll be OK.
    I consider myself an organizer and a go getter and after being a member of our local quild for a few years, I have now been elected its president. So starting March, I will be off and running with a great bunch of girls. If you have any great ideas for a successful quild, I am open to all of them. Looking forward to being a part of all you do.

Welcome to the board from Southern California!
    It is a crazy thought, you need to get that out of your head, it's quilt first then work around the house!!!

Thanks so much!!!!! I'll get over it, sooner than later, I hope.
    Congrats on your children and their military careers. We are a big military family ourselves. I too have a son who is a rescue swimmer but in the Coast Guard. They sure know how to make us proud!!!!!!!

Hey and Welcome from Florida!

Hi and thanks for the welcome note. Can't wait to get rolling

Hi and welcom from eastern PA

Hi, and welcome from upstate New York.

We are going to Pennsylvania for our vacation this year. If you know of any quilt shops around Altoona, please let me know. My husband is a big railfan, so I can shop!

Thanks Where in eastern PA?

Hi Thanks Have you been to PA before? I'm not familiar with what is out in Altoona but I'll try to find something out for you.

I'm in Bangor, about an hour from you
    Quote Originally Posted by coastienest
    Thanks Where in eastern PA?

Welcome from another Pa. gal. I live north of you on the NY state border right off I 81 there is a new quilt shop that opened up in Scranton last month. It is near the Keyser Oaks plaza. It is called "Beyond the Needle" and Lisa is the owner. her other shop is in Kirkwood NY on the state line. Glad you joined

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!

Hi and Welcome from Oklahoma.

Hi Yes we just heard about the new shop Beyond the Needle. I'd like to get up there soon. It is probably right around 45-60 minutes for me. I'd love to do the tour of the shops they have coming up. R U?

Florida, hello. Thanks. I can't wait to get started. You all are so talented and I am looking forward to learning a ton.

Oklahoma, thanks so much. you are the first person I have ever spoken to from Oklahome. Looking forward to all I can learn for all of you.

Do you do the NE PA Shop Hop?

there is a really nice one in Brookville, PA and also a smaller but nice one in Bloomsburg, PA

Enjoy

I have not done that shop hop. Just haven't had the time with them being so spread out and all. I do the smaller one they just started last year. It's the Susquehanna Stash Dash-Only 7 shops. Really enjoyed it. Doing again in June. Have you heard of that one?

What is the name of the one in Brookville? Not heard of it. I have been to the one is Bloomsburg (Fabrics Galore). It is nice. They just did a little rearranging. Not as much Asian fabric now, which I like so, so not really been there.

Hello, Welcome from another PA quilter, near Williamsport, PA. You aren't too awful far away. We North central and north east PA folks will have to plan our own personal shop hop sometime :-)

This is an awesome board. Everyone is so friendly and I have learned so much!

Hi Yes we just heard about the new shop Beyond the Needle. I'd like to get up there soon. It is probably right around 45-60 minutes for me. I'd love to do the tour of the shops they have coming up. R U?
    No I will not be doing the shop hop. A few gals in my guild always get together and do there own individual hop. Works for us.

No, but I'd be game. Do you have any more info on it?
    I have not done that shop hop. Just haven't had the time with them being so spread out and all. I do the smaller one they just started last year. It's the Susquehanna Stash Dash-Only 7 shops. Really enjoyed it. Doing again in June. Have you heard of that one?

What is the name of the one in Brookville? Not heard of it. I have been to the one is Bloomsburg (Fabrics Galore). It is nice. They just did a little rearranging. Not as much Asian fabric now, which I like so, so not really been there.
    Fabrics Galore is a great shop, great people! Always ready to offer advice and guidance. Same with Rose of Sharyn just about 20 minutes from there in Danville, PA. Missed that shop hop last year, but definitely want to do it this year.

Would like more information on the Susquehanna Dash if you have it.

You can shop in Altoona but not for quilt stuff. I was born there....you can eat and shop for clothes and that is about it! need to go about 150 miles farther east to Lancaster to really hit the fabric and quilt shops!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast