View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Feathers-N-Fur

I’ve had my Go! Longer than the cubes have been around, so haven’t bothered with the cubes. I prefer to buy the individual dies I want rather than the small dies that come in the cubes. If you like Bonnie quilts, I would focus on getting HST and QST dies. I have strip dies, but usually just use my Shape cut for cutting strips. The first quilt I used the go a lot for was Grand Illusion. I cut hundreds of HSTs on the value die, one square at a pass. So I bought the die that cuts 9 2.5” HSTs, she hasn’t used that size again. You just never know what she will use. Just get the ones you think you will use the most. I have nearly 100 dies after collecting them for quite a few years now. They do help a lot with Bonnie quilts. Last year I could cut each week in an hour or so while people rotary cutting were spending a day or 2 cutting. I also love my Go! For odd shaped quilts, like the winding ways I’m working on right now. I would hate to rotary cut this one. I cut it out in about 10 minutes. Enjoy your Go!