View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 01:31 PM
bettyC

The coupons are an advertising gimmick to get you into the store. They think that since you took the time to come into the store to use the coupon that you will buy something to make the stop worth your while. I have found that it isn't good to buy several things at one time unless you have done the math before you check out. I have reviewed my receipt after getting home and discovered that the 10% off the total purchase actually rang up as .01%. I forgot to take my receipt the next time I went to the store but I told them about it. They said that always bring in the receipt and they will correct errors. How about all the customers that don't check the receipt? Just a few days ago I used a 70% coupon and the total didn't sound right but I was in a hurry and didn't check until I got home. It rang up at 50% instead of 70%. I swear she scanned the coupon so what happened? I will take the receipt in next time I go over there. I don't feel like I should have to babysit the receipts , but at that store I do. Usually I like to take my neighbor along because she watches them like a hawk and asks them the price as each item is rang up. Most people don't have the nerve to do that.