Coupons - the fine print

Old 10-09-2018, 08:02 AM

Using coupons is a game I like to play.

Yesterday at CVS I picked up makeup that was buy one get one 50% off, I had a $5 off anything coupon, 25% off anything coupon, and $4 off if you buy that brand makeup. I went to checkout and showed the checker what I had and I was not able to use the 25% off -- now how would I know that?

For Joann's today I purchased a Tutto sewing trolley online I had been eyeing for a while at 40% off and was able to use the $15 off when you spend $75. I was a great deal - made my day.

I don't live far from Joann's and almost never purchase anything at their full price. I use coupons and their sales. I'm happy to have one close by. I realize their full price is inflated for the sales, but the discounted prices (especially the 50% and 60% coupons) are usually the best I can find for what I need. I quite often go in with printed coupon from the mail, coupons on the Joann's app and coupons from email also on my phone. They will let you use more than one of the same coupon as long as they come from different sources.

I know this is a game, my goal is to WIN!!
Old 10-09-2018, 09:27 AM

I saved $26.00 on a sale of $58.00 yesterday at Joann's. That's pretty good!
I also found out that they will take Michael's coupons off your phone for things that Michael's sells.

Watson
Old 10-09-2018, 10:38 AM

I don't shop at Joanne's often, maybe once a year, but they've always honored my coupons at my local one. They've even applied the coupons on things I didn't think were eligible (like sale fabrics) and they have applied multiple coupons when I thought that wasn't eligible. May just be the local store. I walked out once with 6 yards of good quality quilting fabric and some batting for a total of $15.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:37 PM

Years ago when Cloth World was changed to Joann's, I went to one of the "new" stores. Low and behold there were "suits" in there (male management from the home office). Being the brassy woman I am, I approached them and asked if they were from corporate. Yes, they were, and they wanted to know what I thought of the new store. I told them I didn't like it at all. I wanted a fabric store dedicated to fabric, not craft items. Half the store was crafts and half was now fabric. In our area, we had 3 craft stores and didn't need one inside of Joann's. Can you believe that one of these MEN told me they had more fabric in half the store than they did before they added the crafts. Really? These guys had no idea about sewing and quilting, yet they were making decisions for their customers. And so it goes. We are the mercy of bean counters who make the decisions and publish funky coupons that don't really apply. What's wrong with this picture?