Coupons - the fine print

Old 10-02-2018, 07:53 AM

I am a cell phone luddite and hate being in line behind other folks at Jo-Anns trying to figure out which coupons will or won't work. I don't like the gimmickry and pay extra for not playing the game. Hacks me off, but it's just not worth it to me.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:05 AM

We have a very nice Hobby Lobby store here that gives rain-checks on the items on sale when they are out of stock. And, gives you the choice of using the sale price or the 40% coupon price. If you have a problem at Hobby Lobby, I bet the upper management will help.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:44 AM

The only coupons I really use are for CVS. Since I'm apparently one of their top "savers" in Wis they constantly send me special deals and coupons. I hate running to the giant megamart supermarket for a few things, so I go to CVS to pick up things especially when I have coupons. The only other coupons I use are the ones hanging by a product at the supermarket. But oftentimes you need to buy 2 to use the coupon, or if you buy this AND sonething else you can use the coupon. I think those people on TV who use so many coupons that they get their groceries for free ruined the coupon deals.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

I don't use coupons anymore. They drive me nuts!
Old 10-03-2018, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I don't use coupons anymore. They drive me nuts!

One more reason I like you SusieQOH
Old 10-03-2018, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
I detest "2 for the price of 1" coupons, especially at restaurants. I am single so they don't do me any good unless I enlist a friend to ride along … and that often means I am buying, so those coupons are worthless. Same with theater tickets or other events. When will advertisers come up with something to entice us "singles" to shop? I know I'm not the only one out there.
You are not the only one out here and I feel the same. If the price is good at 2 for 1 it should be good for 1, IMHO. How come they never ask us?
Old 10-03-2018, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
The ones that are particularly annoying to me are the ones that say 50% off any regularly-priced item. Then you get to the store, and find that nearly everything is "on sale", even if it's just a few cents below the regular price, preventing you from using the coupon. I don't know if all of their stores are that way, but our local store is. Unlike two of their nearby competitors, they won't ring the item up at the regular price, either, so that you can use the coupon. I've pretty much given up on shopping there.
That is one of JoAnn's favorite tricks. What I have never been able to understand is why they won't take it back to the regular price and then apply the coupon like HB does. That is one of the many reasons I don't shop there.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
I received an email from QB today regarding:

" Did you know we have a mailing list for sewing coupons and deals? If you would like to receive special offers from our advertisers, click this link, select "Quilting Board Offers" and hit "Update""

Does anyone know if this is a marketing ploy for ads in your email rather than decent discount coupons?
sounds like a come on to me. I didn't get that e mail. Have you asked the admins here?
Old 10-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

I buy from Joanns my daughter bought lots of fabric there and was told it was on sale for a certain price. At check out she kept track of price at register and it rang up at a different price. She insisted they give her the right price. They did although they didn't like it. They get one chance to cheat me and they better do it good, They won't get a second chance. I only bought a small amount and it rang up right. I don't get a chance to shop with her any more so she can't see if they cheat me so I only shop Walmart fabrics or Hobby Lobby.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
One more reason I like you SusieQOH
You like me, you really,really like me?