View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 09:02 AM
janjanq

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I had a coupon for a "sewing notion" at Joann. I picked up an Omnigrid template and was told, that was a quilting notion - not eligible for the coupon. I was directed to a wall on the far side of the store. Found an almost identical Omnigrip template, $1 more. Somehow THAT was not eligible either, despite coming from the "notion" wall.

The cashier was very nice and worked with me to override it and get down to almost the coupon value.
I got annoyed with that one too. When I tried to buy a quilting notion I was told that the coupon was not good for that. When I asked why not she said it had to come from the "notions wall". When I asked where that was she didn't know. She asked another cashier who also didn't know. A third cashier clearly didn't know either but finally said "I think it's where you get elastic". There are notions on several aisles in that store. They either need to have this so called notions wall clearly marked or train their employees where this wall is or make the coupon more specific.