View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 05:02 PM
zozee

Default Just Wanna Quilt (podcast)

Several weeks ago I found this podcast and have really enjoyed listening to it. I think I've tuned in to almost every episode.

The host, Dr. Elizabeth Townsend Gard, is a law professor by day who loves to quilt in her spare time. She is doing a research project by way of interviewing quilters --some famous, some no-names. I like her interview style: she really lets the guests talk.

Since she specializes in copyright law, there's a touch of that topic in most episodes, which I personally am attracted to. I've always been a stickler about protecting intellectual property, and seriously considered going to law school myself. Don't worry, though; when I say a "a touch" of copyright law, I mean a teeny tiny bit. Mostly it's all about quilting, and the topics have a wide range.

I love to listen to podcasts while sewing, and this one has become a favorite. I don't share all her views so am not part of the Quilting Army, but I certainly find plenty of common ground to keep returning to "Just Wanna Quilt" .

https://www.justwannaquilt.com/podcast

PS If you have never listened to a podcast or know how to tune in, simply click the link above. It's as easy as finding anything else. If you forget, just google "just wanna quilt podcast" and it'll take you there. Easy peasy.