Old 10-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Mickey2

It's an ideal machine for a beginner, people keep this type of machine as they go more advanced with years of experience. It's a simple machine, very capable and easy to manage. It's alreayd mentioned, but; since it's a straight stitch only machine that's its' main job, as well as free motion work. Buttonholer attachments work very well with this model. You can always add a zigzag freearm machine to keep along side it later on. It looks like your machine has been rewired at some point, I would expect cloth covered wire in the 1930s, but both was available then I think. The plug and pedal wire is a new replacement, as well as the pedal.

The machine is in very good condition, hardly any wear to the finish at all. I wonder about the plastic case, this model came in a bent wood case, or a wooden base in a suit case; or a cabinet. For some reason they replaced it with this base.

You should supply it with a bottle of Triflow or Finish Line Ceramic Wet Lube, both brands work well with sewing machines and have added teflon ;- )