View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 02:38 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Well the two pieces that are on the right are an easy fix. Switch them so they form the "V" with the white. Take the one on the bottom and move it to the top. That should fix that issue.

Your unit 3 that appears to be way too long, I think that is the unit that is supposed to be going all the way into the center of the block as opposed to the unit you currently have placed there. In fact, I think you made two Unit 3 when you only need one unit 3. You should be making two unit 1 for each block, 3 unit 2 and 1 unit 3.

But the sizes not lining up, I'd have to say your pattern is definitely giving wrong cutting instructions. Or you have combined cuts for two different size leaves.

Oh, I just had another thought. Did you photocopy this to make your PP pattern? Or did you print it out? Is there a test square anywhere on the pattern that depicts a 1" square? And if so did you check it to make sure it is 1"? It is possible your computer scaled the pattern piece to size or the photocopy is not making a true copy and enlarging it a wee bit. Because your white unit in the corner perfectly lines up with your units 1 and 2. So this makes me think your PP pattern is not true to size.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 10-06-2018 at 02:42 PM.