View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 05:11 PM
Sarasewsandstuff

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Y'all are so funny and creative! Until we moved here I had no place good to sew. My stuff was all in a walk in closet in bins. It was sometimes too much trouble to take it all out. Then I didn't like having it strewn about while I worked on something. When we moved here, there is enough room for me to have a small bedroom with a nice sized closet. The other advantage is that we have a walk out basement and a previous owner built nice shelves. So what I am not using is down there. Plus I don't have a stash. Just a couple bins of scraps. I have tables out for cutting and around the sewing machine I use for FMQ. I can put another sewing machine or serger on one of the tables. I got a big board for my ironing board. It is small but really functions well for me because I don't need everything I own to be in that room with me. If I got a long arm, I could rearrange and put the dresser downstairs and it would work. I have several carts on wheels which work well for me. I have one of those big white cutting mats and I put it on top of the dining room table when I glue baste my quilts. I came from nothing so I am thrilled with my current set up, small as it is.

So, I'm actually like you in that I don't have a stash. I have two small tubs (the sweater size, a little larger than shoebox size) of scraps. I can't lock the lid on them, but still...that's all I have. And....I'm wanting a longarm, but not sure if I "need" one. I'm hearing what you are writing. Thanks for your honesty and for helping me refocus on the simplicity I long for. :-)