Thread: I am stumped
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:59 AM
QuiltingIdaho
Banned

What about the brown? Is it brown? The Brown-to me anyway, would not take away from the “busy”-ness of the top, it would be a darker color to "ground" the quilt... and still not distract from the paisley skirt.

I love color- and the cream (for me) is used to make the center "pop" but to take it down the sides I think would keep they eye wanting more.

I think if you used the paisley, it would distract away from the detailed stars and not give you the look you want- the paisley would give the eye too much to look at- but the brown (at least this is the color my screen shows me) would give a grounding color, make the sides "look" heavier YET, slim the sides down gently, making the center work really POP- and become the focal point!

and then…

make a extra wide binding in the cream to "frame" it- this will create a line of distinction to set off the skirt and give the quilt all the attention it deserves.

BUT- this is simply my own opinion... I think the decision is yours- and you need to do what you think is your personal taste! GOOD LUCK- I am sure that we would all like to see what you decide!! :) :) :) :)