Old 10-22-2018, 06:14 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I'm absolutely thrilled with my Pfaff 130 I got a couple of weeks ago, but it has a real bad vibration. I can't go even slightly fast or then the whole machine and cabinet will start shaking the whole floor. Our house is old and we are working on putting supports in the basement to prevent more settlement. I don't want the Pfaff vibration to bring the house down, lol! Any tips on how to absorb some of the vibrations? None of my Singers shake like this one!
It looks like you have hard wood floors. Have you checked the joints of the cabinet to make sure joints are all tight?

I work in a sheet metal shop with lots of heavy machines and the smaller ones that aren't bolted to the floor have a tendency to scoot while being used. I have one machine that I put 2x4s behind, but it still scoots to the side and that is on a solid cement floor. So I can imagine what it is like with a sewing machine. I don't think building a frame and bolting it to the joists would be an option.

I'm not sure if something like https://www.target.com/p/mohawk-1-6-...t/-/A-23983958 would help, but looks like it might if it is large enough to set under the whole cabinet. I'm thinking a thick mat with rubber backing would help. I saw that was a solution for moving pedal at traveling foot pedal

Good luck, that sure is a nice looking machine and well liked Pfaff model,

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.