Old 10-22-2018, 09:22 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I'm absolutely thrilled with my Pfaff 130 I got a couple of weeks ago, but it has a real bad vibration. I can't go even slightly fast or then the whole machine and cabinet will start shaking the whole floor. Our house is old and we are working on putting supports in the basement to prevent more settlement. I don't want the Pfaff vibration to bring the house down, lol! Any tips on how to absorb some of the vibrations? None of my Singers shake like this one!
I'm certainly no expert, but something seems wrong more than just vibration. I bought a 130 at an auction and didn't touch it for 2 years, plus who knows how long it sat before it was auctioned. I just oiled it and it purred like a kitten.

I believe I would be looking for the cause of the vibration rather than trying to mask it. I have a 401 which i believe is not as nice a machine as a 130, and it's in a cabinet on hardwood floors and it doesn't vibrate.

Do you have a level? See if the cabinet is level. Make sure the machine is well oiled. I'd try to isolate where the vibration is coming from. Is it cabinet? Is it the machine? Take the belt off and run it, does it still vibrate?

If I couldn't figure it out, I'd take it to the OSMG. I think the machine would be worth it. I think there is definitely something wrong, not just a vibration problem. MY OSMG will sell you a 15 minute "look at" for $20.00. If it's really simple, he fixes it. If not, he tells you how much it will probably cost. Maybe yours will.

bkay